The CAA 2012 conference will begin with a medieval conference reception on 26th March 2012, continue with drinks receptions on 27th March 2012 and a conference dinner on 28th March 2012.
Opening Reception on 26th March 2012
The medieval themed opening reception will take place in the medieval Old Town in Southampton. The reception takes place across a range of historic venues and will include medieval entertainment, food and drink.
Delegates can visit any venue depending on their preferences. See the map below for locations of the following exciting events:
- Tudor House Museum, Bugle St – The band, Misericordia, will be playing medieval music using authentic instruments.
- Westgate Tudor Merchant Hall, West Gate – Bill Brookman Productions are putting on a show to include medieval and folk music, comedy and fire-eating.
- The King’s Vaults, Western Esplanade – The King John’s Morris dancers will be performing their famous mummers’ play. They will also dance near St Michael Sq and will finish outside the Duke of Wellington pub.
- Along Simnel Street – The Undercroft Musicians from the University of Southampton’s own Department of Music, will be performing.
- Weigh House, Bugle St – The University of Southampton Circus and Fire Eaters will be performing here.
If you get hungry, we have booked rooms in the following local pubs: Duke of Wellington, Bugle St and Red Lion, High St.
View CAA2012 in a larger map
CAA’s Got Talent 27th March 2012
After the chapter meetings there will be an open mic night at the conference venue.
Read more >>
Conference Dinner on 28th March 2012
The conference dinner will take place on the University of Southampton’s Highfield Campus. It will include live music and also announcement of the winners in the poster competition and the CAA Recycle Award.