We have reserved bedrooms in university halls of residence within walking distance of the conference venue. This is the CHEAPEST WAY to stay at the conference. We also have minibuses running shuttles between the halls in the morning and evening.
Omdurman Road, Highfield
Reception is open 24h and operates 7 days a week.
Glen Eyre Road, Bassett
The reception for Glen Eyre is located across from Chancellor’s Court. This is a 24 hour Reception which operates 7 days a week. You can contact the Reception by calling 023 8059 5975 (internal 25975).
Since our supply of rooms is limited additional accommodation is provided in a wide range of hotels, many of which are within walking distance of the conference venue.
Visit Southampton website
Rooms in hotels should be booked direct. There is an online booking service provided by Southampton City Council at Visit Southampton. In addition to hotels this provides a listing of a great many reasonably priced bed and breakfasts and guest houses.
University Negotiated Hotel Rates
Prices are based on single occupancy in a double room: prices last negotiated by University of Southampton August 2010
- Elizabeth House Hotel: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £58.50 Webpage
- Highfield House Hotel: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £64.88 Webpage
- Jurys Inn: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £66.98 Webpage
- Holiday Inn (Eastleigh): Negotiated University B&B Rate:£67.86 Webpage
- Hilton: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £70.00 Webpage
- Chilworth Manor: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £71.52 Webpage
- Devere Grand Harbour: Negotiated University B&B Rate: £85.78 Webpage
- Travelodge Southampton: Note: No negotiated University Rate Webpage
PRICES QUOTED INCLUDE VAT. Please note this is for your information only, we are unable to recommend accommodation. You should check the location of the hotel as some will require public transport or your own car to reach the conference venue.